Missouri QSO Party Log Submission
There are three ways to submit your logs for the Missouri QSO Party this year:
- Use the web based Log Submission form.
- E-mail your log as a file attached to an e-mail addressed to moqsoparty (at) w0ma (dot) org.
- Postal mail to:
Boeing Employees’ Amateur Radio Society WØMA
c/o George Mackus, ABØRX
11841 Wexford Place Drive
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Please name your log files with your call sign. Your file name should appear similar to W0MA.LOG or N0H.TXT, etc. Failure to do this causes problems as some people have used identical file names. Untitled-1.log? Yes, we have received logfile(s) with this name. Only the last one submitted survives.
Users with paper logs may wish to consider filling out the downloadable Excel Spreadsheet Form and uploading or e-mailing the completed .xls file.
Cabrillo format logs submitted and accepted by the log submission robot will show up in the Logs Received list within 20 minutes of submission. Non-Cabrillo format logs submitted will not appear in the list until the file has been examined and evaluated by the volunteer MOQP log processing team.
E-Mailing Log Files
Logs submitted by e-mail must be sent as an e-mail file attachment. The file must named as the station call sign, and must be of type .log, .txt, .csv, .xls or .pdf to be accepted by the e-mail contest robot. The e-mail subject line must be the callsign used during the contest. The callsign in the subject line should match the log file attachment name.
If you need to resubmit your log, simply send it or upload it again - only the latest one will be used.
Once your log has been submitted you can verify it has been received by checking the Logs Received page.
The log submission form and e-mail address will become available near the end of the contest.
What do we need in the a log file submitted for the Missouri QSO Party? The rules state that Cabrillo format is requested, and it is the best format to use. More information on the Cabrillo format is available on the ARRL website: http://www.arrl.org/cabrillo-format-tutorial.
Here is the order of preference for log formats:
- Cabrillo format (.log, .txt or .csv) - 100 point bonus this year for submitting a valid Cabrillo format file!
- Our MOQP_log.xls form - Save this filled in file in .csv format to make it a Cabrillo file!
- Logs in other plain text formats – Summary Sheet required.
- Paper log entry – Summary Sheet required.
Each log submitted must contain Operator callsign(s), name, address and e-mail address. Each QSO entry must contain:
- full exchange for each QSO.
Log File Submission Tips
- A CABRILLO format logfile is preferred and encouraged. Most logging programs will output your file in Cabrillo format. If yours does not, visit the ARRL website page: http://www.arrl.org/cabrillo-format-tutorial for information and conversion tools, or enter your log using our MOQP_log.xls form. Saving this form as a .csv file, then using a text editor to remove the comma (,) characters should result in a Cabrillo format file. There is a 100 point bonus this year for submitting a valid Cabrillo format file, it's worth the extra time to convert it!.
- The CABRILLO log file should have as many of the Cabrillo HEADER tags filled in as possible, but most importantly the CALLSIGN: and EMAIL: fields must be filled in, or it will not be accepted as a CABRILLO file. Most again, logging programs do this automatically or you can fill in the missing data using a text editor.
- Name your logfile with your callsign. Example: W0MA.LOG or W0MA.TXT or W0MA.xls or W0MA.csv.
- When submitting by e-mail, make the subject of the e-mail your callsign and nothing else, or the robot may reject your e-mail as SPAM.
- Leave the '/x' designators out of the file name and e-mail title (W0MA.LOG instead of W0MA/M.LOG for a filename, W0MA instead of W0MA/M as an e-mail title). The '/' symbol cannot be used in a file name.
- Check Logs Received list after submitting. Within 20 minutes of submission (and acceptance) of a CABRILLO format log your call sign should appear in that list. If it doesn't appear, check the file over again to make sure the CABRILLO headers are filled in, recheck the file name and e-mail title as listed above and submit it again.
- Files submitted in other formats other that CABRILLO need to be reviewed and processed by the MOQP log processing team.Your call will not appear in the Logs Received list until approved by the log procesing team. This can take 24 hours or more, depending on how busy our volunteer team of log processors happen to be.
Thanks again to all of you for making the MOQP fun this year!